Donate to Support Independent Community Media
Why Donate to RFB?
Radio Free Brooklyn is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization whose mission is to give a global voice to local artists, residents, community organizers and other non-profit institutions by providing a commercial-free freeform Internet Radio platform. We are also actively involved in community outreach, with the goal of providing technical and media literacy workshops for young people in our community of Brooklyn, NY.
RFB is entirely volunteer owned and operated, and our funding currently comes exclusively from our listener community. Your donation is tax-deductible and each dollar we receive goes to sustaining our operation by helping to pay for things like:
- Rental of our studio in the Bushwick neighborhood of Brooklyn, NY
- Maintaining our studio and technical facilities (mics, mixing boards, computers, etc.)
- Covering the cost of our utilities (electricity, internet, etc.)
- Renovating our 400 sq. foot basement space to use for media workshops for neighborhood youth
- Providing budgets to produce off-site events in the community
Donate to RFB Teen Squad 2019 After-School Program
In January 2019, Radio Free Brooklyn will launch RFB Teen Squad – a program offering ongoing free after-school workshops for local teens between the ages 13-18, training them in the basics of audio production, podcasting, news gathering and reporting, and live radio broadcasting. Please visit the RFB Teen Squad page for more information and to donate.
Become a Business Sponsor
We are always looking for businesses to help support the work we do in the community. If you’re interested in becoming a business sponsor or underwriter, please contact us to get the conversation going. Some of our current grantors and business partners include:
Radio Free Brooklyn also graciously accepts in-kind donations to help with our mission. Current needs include:
- Studio and classroom space in Brooklyn
- Broadcast and audio equipment (mics, mixer boards, field recorders, headphones, etc.)
- Software for accounting, project management, audio mixing
- Web and audio hosting
Additionally, we have an Amazon Wish List if you’d like to buy us a gift.
In-kind donations are tax-deductible based on the fair market value, as determined by the donor.